Monday, June 2, 2008

It's a barbie world...

We arrived back in Phoenix around 7:30 pm and were surprised to find that S had arranged for a sitter and made plans for us to go out in Scottsdale. At this point, we were a bit slap happy, but we freshened up and headed out for a few cocktails and a snack. S took us to AZ 88, a place to admire the beautiful, if plastic people of AZ. I will admit I was feeling a bit out of place since the best “going out” outfit I had consisted of Gap jeans, a BR tank, a cardigan from Target, and flips from VS. It took us about 10 minutes to be seated in this ultra hip space and we quickly ordered up a round of cocktails. I am not usually one to order a Cosmo since they are generally just sticky sweet, but S said they were a specialty so I gave it a try, and let me tell you it was delicious, so good that I had two! We also ordered up some hell’s fire chips, homemade potato chips covered in blue cheese and hot sauce to share. The entrees consisted of shrimp ceviche, tuna nicoise, and bonfire chicken. We were feeling refreshed after the food and drinks, so decided to go to a local club. I have no idea what is was called, but it reminded me of an upscale Baja Beach Club. There were bikini clad girls dancing on raised platforms and bros galore. After 2 drinks, B and I had enough and we hit the road. We arrived home around 2:30, exhausted, but it was definitely worth it.

No comments: