Friday, July 25, 2008

In Bruges

Wasn’t feeling great last night, so I plopped myself on the couch and we watched In Bruges which was on of the best movie I have seen this year. Last year my favorite was Pan’s Labyrinth and this year my favorite to date is Stardust (a movie that we tried to watch about 5 times before the powers that be allowed us to view it). I do not advise you watch Stardust on a plane unless the battery life of your laptop is over 2 hours. Ours crapped out with about 40 seconds left in the movie. We seriously had some problems trying to view this movie, we had downloaded it from ppv 4 times and each time we would go to view it we would get some cryptic message. We would then call Directv and they would refund our money, well except for the last time when we were told they could not refund the $4.99 fee, but would give us Showtime free for a month. We were excited about having Showtime until we looked at the schedule and realized most of the movies we could watch on TBS for free.

Anyway, I digress, the whole point of this was to tell you how dark and witty In Bruges was and to tell you all to get it on ppv or NetFlix, or for you traditional types, hit up the local video store. One thing you will notice about the movie is that quite a few of the actors also appear in the Harry Potter movies.


Took this picture when we were in Bruges last September (or maybe B did, but probably me because all the good pictures I take and he takes all the crap). If you pay attention at the beginning of the movie, the same shot is seen in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Only difference is the trees in my picture have leaves.

Favorite lines from the movie:

Ken: Ray, you are about the worst tourist in the whole world.
Ray: Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

Ray: What are they doing over there? They're filming something. They're filming midgets!
Ken: Ray...
[Ray runs off and watches Jimmy, the midget, being instructed by the director, who Jimmy flicks off as soon as he leaves]
Ken: Ray, come on. Let's go.
Ray: Fuck off, Ken. They're filming midgets.

No comments: