Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Horse Pill

The Kid came home with some calcium pills that were in the goodie bags at his last race. I greedily grabbed them and danced around singing “mine, mine, mine”. Last night I decided it was time to start taking these pills. Here’s how that went.

EL: Oh my god, these pills are flipping huge!
BL: Let me see, let me see.
EL: Seriously, I am not sure if these are pills or suppositories, maybe I should read the directions.

After reading the directions and being certain that I was suppose to take the pills orally, I proceeded to take a sip of water, but started laughing hysterically before I could swallow the pill. BL yelled at me to spit it out before I choked, which only made me laugh more. I did finally get the pill down, but do not look forward to taking the next one, but I know they are good for me, so I will. The things we women do…

1 comment:

Rocco said...

Actually, you can get enough calcium in your diet by eating leafy greens. Consuming too much calcium (which is usually the case when you take calcium supplements) can actually leave you with a net deficiency. Read Eat to Live.